Discuss Aqualisa , what the hell has happened in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What a shower , literally !!!
I need some info on the installation of one of their showers , started ringing last Thursday , best I got was seventh in the que, emailled them , no reply , went on “ chat” this morning, third in the que, gave up at 30 minutes. Joke !!!! Not .

What a shower , literally !!!
I need some info on the installation of one of their showers , started ringing last Thursday , best I got was seventh in the que, emailled them , no reply , went on “ chat” this morning, third in the que, gave up at 30 minutes. Joke !!!! Not .

It seems to me they've answered your question already; install another make.

Hallelujah, a week later we have got there .....
Finally cleared up two points its taken a week .
I wanted to know where the recommend taking the hot connection off the cylinder , girl on chat says its in the installation instructions, like fec it is .
Shes just emailled me the correct instructions its in there . Other question was why they dont want the processor unit to go over 40 degrees , guy wants it in his roof space , our lofts even in sunny yorkshire can get upto and over 45 degrees .
Never again

Other question was why they dont want the processor unit to go over 40 degrees , guy wants it in his roof space , our lofts even in sunny yorkshire can get upto and over 45 degrees .
Never again

Really? How bl00dy daft! Ours is in the loft under 500mm of insulation & been fine!
Pathetic springs to mind...

Quick search of their web site found installation guides & I am sure this diagram appears in most of the pumped instructions across the range.
I know it is easer to ask than to look sometimes but it is the modern information world, one that I increasingly get frustrated with as well cos you have to know where to look in the first place.
In Aqualisa defence I was in the head office in Westerham about a month ago and was very impressed with the amount of space & staff given over to technical phone enquiries given that they are not a very large company. I guess if you can't get through, however many you have is never enough.
Preferrd Hot Cylinder Take Offs .png

Last edited:
Personally Jon I prefer the 28mm take off at 45deg with a tee facing down for the shower hot water take off.
This came out of the Mira research, which I think is technically sound & got to say I have never had any problems with air in my pumped supplies from vented cylinders.

Reply to Aqualisa , what the hell has happened in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I’m looking for a bit of advice. A flat two stories up from mine has installed a water pump that feeds all of their outlets (shower...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months back and have a problem with the boiler (Ideal HE12). It was always a bit noisy (fan) but it...
Replies
Views
Very short version. Im a sole trader of only 10 months, but an experieced Plumber of 30 years. Installed a bathroom for a customer, they wanted me...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock