Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Anyone knowwhat size / where to purchase these rubber washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
[DLMURL="http://www.toiletspares.co.uk/page_29.html"]Washers & Bolts, doughnuts, isolation valves and toilet essentials.[/DLMURL]

Second and third items down are a service valve and a convertor bush which I think show the same size of washer designed to replace the fibre washers that come with service valves. I'm thinking they might be too baggy over a standard tap connector (because you get two different sizes of fibre washer for service valve and tap connector) but for changing taps or doing awkard ball valves these might be very handy. Shouldn't need to spend 4 quid on a service valve to get one though, if I knew size of rubber washer might be able to buy a hundred somewhere for pennies.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks an expensive place. cheaper even at b+q for most things. your local merchant should be able to sort most of that stuff for you.

Go to your local PTS and buy their Tradesavers range or set up an account with Plumbfix. Both are cheaper than your link mate.

Thanks chaps.

I don't actually shop there (well actually I buy foam doughnuts from there now and then) but thought the rubber o-ring type washers on the service valves, meaning you can do them up hand-tight, would be handy when access is awkward. Might buy one, measure o-ring and buy a bunch of o-rings from somewhere.

JG Speedfit do a tap adaptor that is designed to be hand tight, though it's not the service valve type.

Yeah I have some. Just thought a compression joint with a hand tight rubber washer would be best of both worlds. To be honest it was more a case of seeing them and thinking, 'Ooh neat!' And then thinking, 'How much?' And finally thinking, "The washer! The washer is the cheese! But how to find them...'
All in all, much a fuff aboot nuttin'.
Killed a few minutes of tedium though, eh?

If the tail of the tap is inaccessible then there's not a lot of point in having an iso valve that close to it.

Which is why I thought if I could source the washers alone (thread title) I could just use them on regular tap connectors (original post) if they turned out to fit. :wink_smile:

Which is why I thought if I could source the washers alone (thread title) I could just use them on regular tap connectors (original post) if they turned out to fit. :wink_smile:
The rubber O ring type washers DO fit but tap adaptors being made of brass have a torque setting required to tighten them, so hand tight is not a good idea even with a rubber washer. The JG Speedfit tap adaptors are made of plastic and have a much lower torque setting, hence they can be fitted hand tight.

At least your thinking out of flexie mode!

Plus tbh the fiddly bit of changing awkward taps is not doing the connector up. That's actually one of the only easy bits. Tap spanner, find nut, twist.

Plus tbh the fiddly bit of changing awkward taps is not doing the connector up. That's actually one of the only easy bits. Tap spanner, find nut, twist.
I've just bought a socket wrench with a deep socket set and extension arms from the big shed and it has so far removed every difficult tap I've thrown at it and it's superb for mono mixer taps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone knowwhat size / where to purchase these rubber washers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When changing bath taps does anyone use the 3/4 flat washers you get with hep20 tap connectors instead of fibre washers? I use the 1/2 inch hep20...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a...
Replies
Views
Any one started using rubber washers on copper tap connectors instead of fibre?
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi, Looking for a bit of help and advice please in relation to tap valve sizes. Mixer bath tap valves have been playing up so decided to replace...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with an old stopcock (40 years?) fitted on the old alkathene supply pipe. This is in a property owned by an elderly friend and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock