Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone else see this gem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
image.jpg

you would hear it trying to go through :D

It's one of those do you stop and try and sort it or just carry on and it's easier to drain from the other side

i had my brotherinlaw working for me and he drilled all four holes for a rad straight through into the next room had there been a rad behind it woulkd have had 4 holes in it

Photoshop. IMO. 15mm+ masonry bit drilling through 2 steel panels? Unlikely. And where is all the masonry dust.

Good effort though.:8:

Or the pipe clip to stop the pipe sag

Last edited:
thats nothing!

when i was 18 working for a hotel chain. there was this 15th century hotel (the type with lots of alterations over the years and the floors all at different levels, steps all over).
anyway, the manager calls us to attend a 3/4'' barrel pipe from an old heating system. it ran the length of the bottom of a step and 4'' from it. the report was people were tripping over it and needs to be removed. what with 350 rooms i was a bit hesitant if it were live or not. my boss said he will do it and made the first cut-no water!. on the otherside of the length it was impossible to cut flush to wall as it went under some 3'' primaries and access was difficult. i cut this pipe and left about a foot left to make it easy and it wasnt no longer in the way. the boss came back and told me it was no good, go and get the lump hammer and we will knock it into the wall to outside (3rd floor). this he did and no sooner we had got back to the workshop the hotel manager came in raging.
back up to the job asap, where the pipe ran into the wall was not actually to outside, it was into a room!!.
apparently, there was an american woman in the room having her morning tea in bed, when suddenly this barrel pipe came through the wall and missed her head by 4''. true enough upon entering the room there was this pipe smack bang in the middle of the head board.

i nearly wet myself as my boss was a right dik and i didnt like him anyway. the look on the managers face when he fessed to it was priceless too as he was trying to give me the push.lol

That's a beaut. I got a call into a bank canteen. Dart board right over radiator. One of the darts went 180 right into d rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone else see this gem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, an easy one: I recently had to drill through two outside walls to run 15mm pipes for a shower and sink. The holes are neat enough but need to be closed off to prevent draughts. Can I use expanding foam to block them? I wouldn't do this with central heating pipes, but the shower and...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
I have recently moved into a village house and discovered some mold on the wall behind the kitchen unit and following a closer inspection, I am concerned about the water inlet and its entry point. There is a hole in what I think is the original floor, with some loose rock etc around the water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock