Search the forum,

Discuss Water inlet: hole in the ground/hose - is this okay? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have recently moved into a village house and discovered some mold on the wall behind the kitchen unit and following a closer inspection, I am concerned about the water inlet and its entry point.

There is a hole in what I think is the original floor, with some loose rock etc around the water inlet which sits within it and it is not a metal pipe I was expecting, but what looks like a plastic hose. Picture attached and here -
Assuming this needs fixing, what should this look like/needs to be done please?

Attachments

• water inlet - Copy.jpg
    water inlet - Copy.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 8
The short section of blue pipe looks to be mdpe that's no problem.
However I would be investigating the connection below it see what it's connected to.
Unless your competent to deal with any sudden leaks maybe get a plumber in.

The short section of blue pipe looks to be mdpe that's no problem.
However I would be investigating the connection below it see what it's connected to.
Unless your competent to deal with any sudden leaks maybe get a plumber in.
Than you so much. There is no leak that I can see, but there certainly is moisture. so I should dig a little deeper and see where it goes - where should it go?

Carefully expose the pipe under connector it may be in a duct depending on how old service is.
Certainly adding some decent pipe insulation would do no harm.

Run your hand around the green tube I’m guessing outside tap feed looks damp

Reply to Water inlet: hole in the ground/hose - is this okay? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock