Search the forum,

Discuss Anybody got this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and i find it excellent

only problem is, you dont see many 3/4 nut valves anymore
all the ones i get are the 1/2" nut which you need a spanner for

My supplier sells 3/4 ones , also handy on older rads

My supplier sells 3/4 ones , also handy on older rads
ive come across one very old rad that was fooled by this, had to do it the old fashioned way using the rad valve

Thanks, that's the concern I had. The valves I use need a spanner, so I thought this wouldn't work.

It seems really good though, It looks like a massive time saver.

Hi

I have the ratchet rad spanner, saves a couple of minutes per rad. Once you have got used to it, it also seems easier to judge how far to tighten the rad tail. Glad I got one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have one of the ratchet things but it lies unused n a box in the garage. Good as it is, it is too big and heavy to be part of your everyday toolbox unless you have a boy to carry it.
A std tail key will do most valves. The ones with the grooves are few and far between these days (old commercial stuff and early 80's danfoss trv's).
There is always another way to get things off or on without it. It is a good key tho if you are buying it.

As for the rothy heat shield. They gave those away free with the first surefires they brought out. Never seen it since as i binned it. Waste of a good nozzle. Unless you keep the flame really low and don't touch anything with it (it gets red hot) and are really really bad at directing a flame, forget it.

The Rothy rad spanner is a life saver on old rad valves. You can get a lot more pressure on than with an allen key type. When I was with iguana/eagaheat doing the warmfront stuff we were regularly changing ancient valves and most of the guys had them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anybody got this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m new here and don’t know a thing about plumbing so be gentle on me as I am also going to ask a possible dumb question, this summer I turned of the ”heating“ on the Drayton box and turned thermostat to zero but obviously had to keep the hot water on as I do every summer but I noticed the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into the unit; a spring check valve was placed on the cold line (per the manual) after which there is an expansion tank (on the cold line) in a T junction...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock