Discuss advice needed - new boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jobo74

I recently had a kitchen extension done meaning I needed to re-site the boiler from its original position. The old boiler was around 18yrs old so decided to go for a new one.

I wanted to keep all the tanks so got a plumber out went through want I wanted and agreed on a price for fitting a new boiler and re piping as need to fit into the old system.

My expectation was that he would fit a system boiler, however he has fitted a bosch greenstar 24 junior combi boiler which he seems to have run as a system boiler i.e it heats the hot water in the tank.

Is this usual to do this? The installation was last june no real problems with and it works fine just seems like an odd thing to do. Also not had any building regs certs for the work (he is gas safe registered) chased him a number of times but seems uninterested/unwilling to provide

any advice welcomed

does the combi supply at least one tap?
And welcom to the forum

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no taps. just one pipe in and one out to hot water cylinder/heating there is a two way valve in the airing cupboard. Pressure reader is at 0

yes have checked out gas safe nothing on this specific issue but he is registered on there.

it is possible to use a combi like this but normally at least one tap comes off it

one pipe out and one pipe in ??? doesnt sound like a combi to me, a combi should have 6 pipes which are condensate, flow, hot, gas, cold, return(worcester junior order from left to right)

one pipe out and one pipe in ??? doesnt sound like a combi to me, a combi should have 6 pipes which are condensate, flow, hot, gas, cold, return(worcester junior order from left to right)

... 7 if you include the safety relief pipe =]

yes but safety pipe goes straight outside usually so i left that one out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice needed - new boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had a new worcester bosch. 1000 combi boiler to replace 18yr old vokera. No problems with new boiler. Enquiring about yearly maintenance /...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. I recently upgraded our CH system, but rather than the expected drop in gas consumption, Octopus is saying we're using roughly 30% more...
Replies
Views
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock