Search the forum,

Discuss 3kW cylinder heating element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jbolland

I need to install a relay for the cylinder element in the electrics from my solar heating control panel. Can anyone recommend one of the relays available from Screwfix?

The manual for the solar heating system advises to install a relay, I guess to prevent high amps for the heater going through the controller and cooking it.

The manual for the solar heating system advises to install a relay, I guess to prevent high amps for the heater going through the controller and cooking it.

Depends on what you're switching it with, I assume 240v control circuit. A 3kw load works out about 13A so preferably a contactor that will handle that amount http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/legrand-contactor-250v-ac-2p-63a-ac1-30a-ac3/30641 would be suitable and not likely to burn out quickly as it's rated for much higher loading and would suggest an enclosure with din rail mounting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3kW cylinder heating element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock