Discuss 3kW cylinder heating element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jbolland

I need to install a relay for the cylinder element in the electrics from my solar heating control panel. Can anyone recommend one of the relays available from Screwfix?

The manual for the solar heating system advises to install a relay, I guess to prevent high amps for the heater going through the controller and cooking it.

The manual for the solar heating system advises to install a relay, I guess to prevent high amps for the heater going through the controller and cooking it.

Depends on what you're switching it with, I assume 240v control circuit. A 3kw load works out about 13A so preferably a contactor that will handle that amount http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/legrand-contactor-250v-ac-2p-63a-ac1-30a-ac3/30641 would be suitable and not likely to burn out quickly as it's rated for much higher loading and would suggest an enclosure with din rail mounting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3kW cylinder heating element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock