Search the forum,

Discuss 3/8 inch/10 mm square stopcock key wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robinmj

I can't locate a key to turn off the external stopcock. I can find 3/4, 5/8 1/2 inch square keys, but not a 3/8 inch. I've tried a tapered socket without success. Help gratefully received!

Thanks Redsaw, but it's about 2 feet down inside a smallish (c 6 inch diameter) plastic lined hole.

Removed

Edit; Only meant to show the socket

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Redsaw, but it's about 2 feet down inside a smallish (c 6 inch diameter) plastic lined hole.
expect so as normal, done loads. should just be able to reach down to it.
otherwise get 3/8'' socket set ext bars and use the square hole bit over it and other end in a chuck to turn.

thats how i wind my car jack as thats 3/8ths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3/8 inch/10 mm square stopcock key wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, thank you so much in advance for any help. I’m always really grateful for the advice and support from experts when I have been on here a few years ago. There’s a dripping coming from my bathroom and I can hear it coming from behind the toilet and I’m worried it’s causing a buildup which...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the manufacturers - the nearest equivalent is apparently this one: GoodHome Lazu 1 lever Mini Contemporary Basin Mono mixer Tap | DIY at B&Q -...
Replies
Views
Pinhole in Black Alkathene 17.5 3/8" under concrete driveway. Hello, we have managed to 'dink' the mains water supply to our house, during some excavations for a drain. And we are hoping for some advice on the best way to proceed. The leak is only a pinhole, but after a few days it has escaped...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wonder if someone can help. We have a Worcester MT10 combi boiler that has a fault with the expansion vessel. The landlord is having the boiler replaced this weekend, but in the meantime I was advised by their plumber to top up the pressure each morning (as it's currently dropping...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock