Search the forum,

Discuss 28mm metric to imperial... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone know where I can get these? And can I file the ring down to make em a slip coupler

Fine sandpaper on the inch pipe and then a 28mm compression will fit with a bit of a tap.

Handy to know for future guys but this isn't as simple as that. This pair of gravity hot water pipes are so close together I will only just be able to get a fitting on. Also, they are so close to the bottom of the floorboards that a compression fitting would make the board protrude. This is what happened, I pulled up a carpet to to get to pipes some where else and saw a little nail sticking up, so I gave it a little tap and then wished I hadn't. Right at the end of the day too!!! What fun☺

Should imagine BSS would stock them but better be sitting down when the invoice comes through the door!!

Don't know how it fits with where you're based but Brentford shows 1, Croydon 6 on the availability check, it's usually fairly accurate.

Ah no way thanks feller for looking into that, I am in south ealing tomorrow so close to brentford. I am not even sure where plumb centre is in Brentford. Unless it's the one that used to be in Isleworth but moved

Re the price, on the website 35mm Endex equal tee £43.14.

I paid £10.42 + vat. each for some last week on our Wolseley account. (National coverage company)

just use a normal 28mm coupling soldered or comp doesnt matter fits its only 3/4 you need to change

cant you tack it?its not gas,done a tack repair a few weeks ago on a similar set up,only difference,i did not put the nail through,sparks did

Ive got a rothengerger expanding kit just for said job. Be careful trying to solder 28mm couplers filed and 15mm to imperial cos the solder doesnt always run true because of the gap needed. compression for them or expand the fittings and either expand the pipe for 3/4 or get some proper couplers or green olives for a compression fitting.

Ive got a rothengerger expanding kit just for said job. Be careful trying to solder 28mm couplers filed and 15mm to imperial cos the solder doesnt always run true because of the gap needed. compression for them or expand the fittings and either expand the pipe for 3/4 or get some proper couplers or green olives for a compression fitting.

ive never had a problem over the years and reguards to 15mm the wall is thicker so the id is slightly smaller nothing to do with od

ive never had a problem over the years and reguards to 15mm the wall is thicker so the id is slightly smaller nothing to do with od

The old imperial 1/2" has a slightly bigger od and some is greater. Seems odd that it varies I know, but is true.
As to the OP, I use 28mm brass connector on an appropriate position on an 1" pipe, - like above floors, on a 1" feed to a copper cylinder when replacing for example. Anywhere else that a soldered connector is preferable I take plenty of time to emery the 1" pipe for a 28mm soldered connector to be used.
Brass fittings vary also. A conex fitting (& most decent brass fittings) tend to be bigger bore than cheap brass fittings & have bigger bore nuts, so are much better on an 1" pipe, or a pipe that has expanded slightly with frost damage.

Last edited:
Well I bought a couple of those fittings from plumb centre and they actually didn't slip. Was really difficult to even get the inch pipe into the inch end. Eventually I managed to force the 2 pipes apart to get the pipe in. Cost me 32 quid for 3 28mm slip couplers and 2 inch to 28mm couplers. Not cheap

Did you try a stnd 28 mm coupling ??

Well I bought a couple of those fittings from plumb centre and they actually didn't slip. Was really difficult to even get the inch pipe into the inch end. Eventually I managed to force the 2 pipes apart to get the pipe in. Cost me 32 quid for 3 28mm slip couplers and 2 inch to 28mm couplers. Not cheap

This is why i won't use plumb centre, local independants to me stock this and would have probably not cost too much more than a fiver.

Can get them in Graham's, I had a mare the other week trying to get hold of em

The moral of the story is buy a rothenburger expander and never have the problem again. I did and i don't booosh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 28mm metric to imperial... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock