Discuss 22mm fittings to old 3/4 pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ey up.

Im looking at a job to replace the old and siezed gate style valves on the cold feed pipework from a CWSC and was wondering if 22mm compression fittings, replacing with full bore lever valves, can be fitted to old pipework or will I need to cut the pipes back and use 22 to 3/4 couplers?

I only ask as I recently Took of the gate valve from my own CWSC and noticed 22mm olives were a little lose around the existing pipework.

Thanks.

Yes use "green ring" 3/4" x 22mm olives, they aren't all green but are thicker to take up the difference in size

Thanks,

If I can only get hold of 3/4 olives will a few wraps of PTFE take up the slack?

You won't get old 3/4" olives any more, every decent plumbers merchant carries the imperial/metric olives, don't go to the sheds etc

Any decent plumbers merchant will have 'green' olives
dont try loads of ptfe I have tried in stress full situations

Its no good- do the job properly CHK

If I can only get hold of 3/4 olives will a few wraps of PTFE take up the slack?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can't get holed of imperial olives then cut back the pipe and get some old to new sockets and convert to 22mm

I must have miricale olives mine always work on 3/4 but imperial to metric straights are the daddy or swage you way out of it. Imperial a lot thicker walled so hope u had oats for breakkie

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers all,

Got a plumbase round the corner so ill try them for the olives on Monday, failing that end feed couplers.

Cheers all,

Got a plumbase round the corner so ill try them for the olives on Monday, failing that end feed couplers.

I don't think you'll have much joy with an end feed coupling I've just had similar issues in a bathroom refit connecting onto old pipe work tried a 22mm end feed elbow to join new to old and the solder wouldn't bridge the gap on the old pipe work I ended up using a 22mm speed fit push fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm fittings to old 3/4 pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at...
Replies
Views
I'm a kitchen fitter first and foremost, so occasionally encounter old pipes of varying sizes. From past experience I know how easy it is to...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock