Search the forum,

Discuss Zoning Advice - Possible CM System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

showlorn

Good Morning,

Newbie on this forum but looked the best one for plumbing help! I have recently zoned my house upstairs and downstairs with two RF programmable thermostats and corresponding 2 way valves. This works really well and I am happy, however our house has a lounge upstairs with 3 bedrooms.

The downstairs is only used during the day so the basic prog thermo will be fine. For the upstairs though what would be the best method to zone the lounge separate to the bedrooms as we like the lounge a bit warmer on a winters evening but the bedrooms a little cooler. They all have TRV's but I had looked at the Honeywell CM system.

Really looking for anybodys thoughts on a better way of doing this or what people think to the Honeywell CM system?

Many thanks,
Steve

Good Morning,

Newbie on this forum but looked the best one for plumbing help! I have recently zoned my house upstairs and downstairs with two RF programmable thermostats and corresponding 2 way valves. This works really well and I am happy, however our house has a lounge upstairs with 3 bedrooms.

The downstairs is only used during the day so the basic prog thermo will be fine. For the upstairs though what would be the best method to zone the lounge separate to the bedrooms as we like the lounge a bit warmer on a winters evening but the bedrooms a little cooler. They all have TRV's but I had looked at the Honeywell CM system.

Really looking for anybodys thoughts on a better way of doing this or what people think to the Honeywell CM system?

Many thanks,
Steve
why not have the thermostat in the lounge with uncontrolled radiators and set the trvs lower in the other areas

Hi Steve,

Yes that would work I suppose. I was probably trying to overcomplicate it!

Any thoughts on the Honeywell CM unit?

Thanks,
Steve

no thoughts at all on the cm unit, you have been given good advice by steve!

i have found to never over complicate a system unless you have to. then your controller breaks and it goes pair shaped.

if wish to make your system more complicated put a room stat in your lounge, and link it to a 2 way valve at your lounge rad.

use your trv's to best advantage is my advice.

i look after systems driven by multiple control systems, generally off site, most of my call out to no heating/hot water are cause by said control systems. i arrive on site, unplug modem, put the system into manual overide locally, and then leave, coming back the next day to put it all back into auto mode, when the operator remembers to press the right button.

keep it as simple as you can.

shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zoning Advice - Possible CM System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock