Search the forum,

Discuss Your move in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anybody ever worked for this company, I've just read through there terms and conditions, what a joke they have 1 that pretty much says if they don't pay you you can't stop working for them!! Haha

I don't think I will bother with them then.

Yeah the estate agent I'm not surprised there looking for someone looking through their terms.

Anybody ever worked for this company, I've just read through there terms and conditions, what a joke they have 1 that pretty much says if they don't pay you you can't stop working for them!! Haha

I don't think I will bother with them then.

Sounds like Donald Trump wrote that for them. lol

obviously dont like paying and dont like walkers when not been paid.lol

That's what I got off it. There was another that said payment terms are 14 days then about 2 lines later said it could take up to 60 days and they can query any they like and that the time it is being queried doesn't count.

This highlights a practice so common it must be taught to aspiring entrepreneurs at business school alongside planned," prepack" liquidations.
Basically you get sucked into a commitment where payments gradually fall behind until the sixth job is completed before the third has been paid for. Allow this to continue and the hit you take on the eventual fallout just gets bigger.

That contract wouldn't stand up in court.

I would sent a copy of their contract to the Law Institute or Ombudsmen ( or similar )
and ask them to have a look at it.

The said contract wouldn't be around much after it was looked at and I dare say the company that provided the contract would have a good talking to or fine.

You can't have a contract that operates outside of the Law, nor have a contract that is one sided .

Ask for a signed document with your terms from them .
Say tenant pays they then pay tenant lol

I would sent a copy of their contract to the Law Institute or Ombudsmen ( or similar )

The said contract wouldn't be around much after it was looked at and I dare say the company that provided the contract would have a good talking to or fine.

You can't have a contract that operates outside of the Law, nor have a contract that is one sided .

The general public,as consumers, get some protection against unfair conditions of contract. The same protection does not extend to contracts between commercial enterprises, where each party is judged to be contracting on an equal basis with full knowledge and awareness.

The general public,as consumers, get some protection against unfair conditions of contract. The same protection does not extend to contracts between commercial enterprises, where each party is judged to be contracting on an equal basis with full knowledge and awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your move in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
B
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock