Discuss your job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding villa toms wages i had a convo with a builder prior to xmas regarding or rates and he said that plumb gas trade is to expensive and doesnt make them competative.I replied well i can goto an agency and get 600 per week just plumbing with no hassle after .Or i can goto gas companies doing servicing and get in access of 600 per week and the heaviest thing i would lift is an air duster .

he stood there thought about it for a minute and said ,is that what they pay doing agency? Showed him few agency job text messages of rates and he said ahhhh i get your point,moral of that story is never sell yourself short .

It is a extremely hard trade to be in right now though , but I get perked up when I see plumbing vans tools etc been sold off cos they've moved onto a different job

Your a viscous git at heart, but then again I like it to. One of my competitors recently quit and went back to bg, so I now drive past his house very slowly. Especially if I'm in my new motor, it gives me a warm feeling inside.

I love it when quotes get accepted, but then five minutes later I'm thinking "oh crap that means I've got to do the graft"

I hate my job. Full stop. It's not being on the tools, it's all the other crap. Hated answering to other people when I was employed and now I hate the stress of not knowing where the next job is.

If I was 100% busy doing boiler installs I would probably be okay with it, but I'm not and while I don't hate doing bathrooms, i seem to get asked for these most and I find them harder to price and harder to win due to people round here generally being tight gits.

nothing personal fella , and those that really know me will tell you , ill help any fellow tradesman/woman out where i can , i passed 3 jobs last year to one guy who had nothing on and he did none of them sat at home 2 were installs. so next time round i passed them to a few guys on here who i would say were great full and did them no problem and earnt well. hopefully next time im quite they will do the same.

Me and a mate were chatting today about when we worked for a company 10 years ago. We had a great time. Finished by 12 each day, no tracker on the van, phones that lost signal so they couldn't ring us, a fuel card that we used to fill up the fishing boat fuel tank. We always booked a 10 hour day. Always! And nobody cared! Nobody questioned anything! Things have changed now. But they were great days!

Me and a mate were chatting today about when we worked for a company 10 years ago. We had a great time. Finished by 12 each day, no tracker on the van, phones that lost signal so they couldn't ring us, a fuel card that we used to fill up the fishing boat fuel tank. We always booked a 10 hour day. Always! And nobody cared! Nobody questioned anything! Things have changed now. But they were great days!

Is that company still in business, or did it go bust? :)

nothing personal fella , and those that really know me will tell you , ill help any fellow tradesman/woman out where i can , i passed 3 jobs last year to one guy who had nothing on and he did none of them sat at home 2 were installs. so next time round i passed them to a few guys on here who i would say were great full and did them no problem and earnt well. hopefully next time im quite they will do the same.

I was a lot quieter last year than I would have liked, but I've never done any form of advertising until I went on yell.com. My customer base isn't big enough to rely solely on repeat/recommended work, but I'm scared to throw money at advertising as it all seems risky. Only really been self employed a year or so.

I actually love the work, but there's easier ways to earn a similar wage if you're not busy enough. Hate the days when I'm sat at home :(

Is that company still in business, or did it go bust? :)

Haha that's why the glory days ended ray! We all pooed ourselves that day because we knew life was about to change! I used to have a great tan every summer sat out in the boat in the middle of the Solent!

Haha that's why the glory days ended ray! We all pooed ourselves that day because we knew life was about to change! I used to have a great tan every summer sat out in the boat in the middle of the Solent!

Bucketts by any chance?

I was a lot quieter last year than I would have liked, but I've never done any form of advertising until I went on yell.com. My customer base isn't big enough to rely solely on repeat/recommended work, but I'm scared to throw money at advertising as it all seems risky. Only really been self employed a year or so.

I actually love the work, but there's easier ways to earn a similar wage if you're not busy enough. Hate the days when I'm sat at home :(

Very easy to get down about it mate and extremely hard to pick yourself up once you are down about it. Get a load of leaflets printed up and start spreading he word and getting your name out there abit. It's not a huge expense and will worth the small investment. Plus the walking will reduce the Xmas turkey gut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to your job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock