Search the forum,

Discuss Your boiler of choice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi Folks

as the subject says what's your top level, mid level and low end boilers to fit?

Also do most of you buy boilers through reps or merchants.

Cheers for your thoughts

Intergas top end Baxi mid Potterton Apollo low end for tight land lords :39:

Vaillant, ideal, possibly main if customer paying in buttons.

Ideal logic for me all the way i have used wb vokera ect but i find ideal very good boilers and customer service now,a world away from the old isars urrrr

never fit a low spec, im not putting my reputation on a bad boiler. cant go wrong with logics at the moment for mid range though

Logics for me. If customer needs high water demand then valliant everyone goes on about these intergas boilers but ive never seen one advertised let alone fitted so stick to what I know

Top- Intergas/worcester its sometimes hard to sell the intergas against the worcester machine.

middle- logics

low- main

Logic. Top boiler.

Want to get into Intergas but there's no local supplier.

Most of the time it is WB (80-90%)
Or something from Baxi group.

Reason - because of the customer support of these groups - that they employ their own engineers who will come out quickly and repair....
We find this is an excellent service for our customers over the years. Sometimes they could supply parts and do repairs cheaper than we can and at busy times in winter they can get to our customers sooner than we can (usually next day or 2)
- but we keep those same customers for servicing, repairs and other work over years and years.

Also - public perception of WB & Baxi as quality products (Note I say PUBLIC perception).

And of course if boiler repairs is a big part of your business then you would have very different priorities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the puiblic usually ask about worcesters first untill they do a bit of research and then become open to offers .

Last two boilers i fitted have been baxi duo-tecs as get them at a good price albeit i think they are not the easiest fit .

ideal logics have been fitted by myself as well and slowly turning away from them as noted issues are appearing with them

i also like fitting glow worms and find they sell quite well and as a installers point of view its a very easy install

Viessmann as a preferred boiler but going to look into intergas as quite alot of you rate them. Baxi and Worcester are not on my list although if a custard wants a particular make then ill fit what they want after offering my opinion.

Buderus GB112 / GB162, Potterton NXR3 / NXR4 with a Reillo oil or gas burner..... Or even a dual fuel! I'm not fussy!

Low end.

Any and all metrosexual white goods wall hung tin foil crap.

Vaillant, Glowworm, and main/pot gold
Only ever fit wb if requested to, but tbh tend to put people off.

viesmann, get them from plumbase when I manage to free myself from the tedium of servicing worcester 28i jnrs grrrrrrrrr

Worcester top end for me, they receive a lot of bad press on here. But they are assembled in Britain, they have excellent customer service and bar a few design flaws are very good boilers. Telescopic flue as standard, can pipe them from above without the need of a standoff kit and have a good range of plug in controls.

Ideal Logic+ for those on a budget, fitted one a few months ago and was very impressed, worlds apart from the Isar/Icos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your boiler of choice. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock