Discuss Yellow/Brown water from hot taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
try leaving it running for longer say half hour if you have alot of rads it will have to empty all them too

Any ideas:

I think you need better plumbers.
It won't be disturbed sediment if it has been done more than a few days. Better to get someone else in who knows what they are doing. They will tell you within 5 minutes what it is.

Thanks all - quick update.
Plumber is coming today.
After running hot water yesterday for over ten minutes the hot water today is a lot clearer with only a faint yellow tinge. Could the yellow tinge have been the Sentinel 100 getting into the hot water system somehow and now flushed through....leaving the rads unprotected?
However struggling up into the loft again I found that the F&E tank is still just about empty but looks like the float arm needs adjusting.
Took back the lagging again over the new pipework to find that the new flexible pipes had been teed off two copper pipes (hot to touch). Their location and direction means that they can only be part of the central heating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yellow/Brown water from hot taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi there Hoping for some advice on a plumbing issue. Bit of background - currently I am not using my gas central heating system. The system is 20+...
Replies
Views
Hello, We have a pretty standard gravity fed system. Two cold water and one expansion tank in the loft and vented cylinder in the airing board...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am new to this site so I hope I am posting on the correct forum. I just bought a house with u8nderfloor heating serviced with a...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
Back