Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Would you replace this coupler? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Slightly daft question when you can't tell the size of the space but I'm wondering if I should replace this 32mm compression coupler (circled) with a solvent weld connection? It was installed by a professional a couple of years ago but I've noticed the pipe twists a little, I noticed this when I was replacing some of the pipework for the basin. It's located under a walk in shower I just about managed to get my hands in the space to try tightening the nuts but they seem as tight as they go and just twist round the pipe. If I pull the pipe hard it will come out the connection, I did this a bit then pushed it back in. Is this normal or should I replace this with solvent weld? It's in a very tight space under the shower tray so slightly worried if I disconnect I won't be able to get the solvent weld coupler in. Also there's a lot of debris and ash under there so unlikely to be able to clean the pipe properly in case that affects the solvent. It doesn't leak when the water is running and is under the floor so at little risk of being knocked. Wondering if it's ok to leave as it is if it's not leaking or should I replace it? Had some good advice on here lately which has helped a lot it's much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_191439.jpg
    IMG_20210720_191439.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 22
Is it leaking ?

Reply to Would you replace this coupler? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock