Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Working for a plumbing suppliers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Corkplumber

Hi, I think I might have a shot at getting a job in a plumbing supplies shop. The ad for the job says you must have a good knowledge of plumbing and heating supplies, which I do to an extent given that I did an apprenticeship as a plumber. But I am not used to referring to fittings by their numbered codes, so I should probably brush up on this as it would be expected. Can anyone send me some links for online stores, etc. where I might see and go over these numbers.

You won't need to learn any codes or numbers as whatever merchant it is will have their own individual codes.

i've yet to walk into a merchant and here a customer ask for a 223474.

i think the problem would be it seems a lot of things are referred to in slightly different ways by people. if you work in an off-license a bottle of smirnoff is only going to be called that (related fact: ever typed smirnoff into predictive text? try it..) whereas plumbing parts have their old fashioned name, their regional name, their official name, their differing name according to manufacturer, their 'i can't remember the proper name but this is what i call 'em' name and prob 5 others besides

You don't even need any intellegence, just enough brain power to shuffle to the stores for 45 mins to collect a basic part with your knuckles dragging behind you! LOL :laugh3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working for a plumbing suppliers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock