Discuss Working a 4 day week in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Has anyone managed to get a job through a company where you work 4 days a week? Say 40 hours over 4 days

Its highly unlikely if your contracted to a company your a tool to be used to turn a profit for that company and provide a wage for yourself jobs often take longer than expected and I can't see their customers waiting for 3 days for your return, I did have short spells away from a company I worked for but this was to benefit both sides as my boss was winding the company down for his retirement and I was starting my own company 13 years ago . Kop

I've been trying to do 4 days a week for 4 years, but I'm self employed. It's hard work keeping it to only 5 days.
It's the work I do though at the minute. Bathroom installs, oil boiler installs all difficult to be able to say on a Thursday afternoon, 'right I'll see you monday'.
This is the last year for big bathroom installs and heavy oil boiler installs.
I want to expand the oil servicing and repairs side, plus smaller plumbing jobs. I reckon I can get into 4 days a week with that and well into retirement as I don't think I could fully retire.

Reply to Working a 4 day week in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock