Discuss Work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Gone rather quiet last 4 months only decent month was weirdly January .
Got enough work to get by but would prefer it to be busier .
Trying to come up with ideas to drum up work .

Thing is two routes of advertising i use have both changed and it has defo had an impact on my work.

Thinking about paying SEO so any good or not??

What sort of work do you do?
New build.
Bathrooms.
Maintainance.
Servicing?

Maintainance, repairs and servicing need advertising. New build and bathrooms come mostly from word of mouth and contacts.

What sort of work do you do?
New build.
Bathrooms.
Maintainance.
Servicing?

Maintainance, repairs and servicing need advertising. New build and bathrooms come mostly from word of mouth and contacts.

I get most of my work from Gumtree believe it or not.
With link throughs to website.
8 quid for 4 weeks.

Give it a go

I have never tried SEO as I haven't ever got round to sorting a website. Pretty much all my work comes from recommendations now. Where are you currently advertising?

I use checkatrade mainly and have decent reviews but lots more have joined last few months.
I use to get lots of work from streetlife but the site has changed.
Most of my work is maintenance now

I found January & February very quiet. Had enough odds & ends to do but very few enquires for bigger jobs.
It's starting to get a bit busier now though.

I have a good website (well the customers think so), it generates most of my work, it is strange how SEO seems to work, I can go a week where no one calls and then suddenly google puts it on the first page and I get a string of calls, then nothing again.

Mark

I have a good website (well the customers thing so), it generates most of my work, it is strange how SEO seems to work, I can go a week where no one calls and then suddenly google puts it on the first page and I get a string of calls, then nothing again.

Mark

Yes i find a similar thing.
I keep an eye on the rankings via googlesearchconsole and the graph is all over. Content hardly changes but position varies.
Having a mobile friendly site helped..

we cant all be at the top of google front page despite what an seo says. However I know my son uses one for his firm, not plumbing either and he pays over ÂŁ2k a month to get high up the scale, but he is charging a lot more than most plumbers for his first hour or two of work

Living in the big dump that London is has one advantage and that's never ending work. It doubles up too. Alot of work is just going over what someone else didnt do properly.
Firms take advantage of never ending work just bodge the sh*t out of every job. Their work mostly comes from Google abuse but once you actually find their reviews they are mostly 1 star, ripped off punters and missed appoitnements.

That's why I detest SEO and Google. Google will put you first even if you have 1 star reviews on it, you will be first for a search in Crystal Palace even though you are based in Vauxhall, you can be first even though your website is just a spam of postcodes and keywords. Just try it out, type in your area and word plumber in google, click first link that's not an Ad and I bet you they arent based anywhere near you.

Last edited:
Thats a shame, I have a few jobs on that I need help with but your probably a bit far out of the way to want to travel to London areas

I am based in east London. Do you mind me asking what sort of jobs have you got and what help do you need?

Hi Matchless. At the moment I have a job in Uxbridge at Harefield hospital that I could do with a hand on, its refurbishment of shower blocks in the nurses accommodation.

I also have work for a chain of go kart centres and have a few to tender for, they will be in Harlow & Chelmsford when they come up. I have just turned down one in Dunstable, not sure how far you are from there but they are quite good jobs.

I should have a small shop fit in canary wharf come up soon, probably in May. It wont need anything major - usually just supplies to a bar, maybe a water heater or 2. It could be something quite easy to fit in between other jobs.

Hi Matchless. At the moment I have a job in Uxbridge at Harefield hospital that I could do with a hand on, its refurbishment of shower blocks in the nurses accommodation.

I also have work for a chain of go kart centres and have a few to tender for, they will be in Harlow & Chelmsford when they come up. I have just turned down one in Dunstable, not sure how far you are from there but they are quite good jobs.

I should have a small shop fit in canary wharf come up soon, probably in May. It wont need anything major - usually just supplies to a bar, maybe a water heater or 2. It could be something quite easy to fit in between other jobs.
Hi Mossep,

Thanks for coming back.

I am sorry for the late reply but the forum was off for a couple of days.
If there is anything to help you with let me know and send me a pm with some more details.

Kind regrads

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock