Discuss Worcester junior 28i (non condense) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a 12mbar burner pressure 2mbar lower than MIs
I'm switching off an

Meter working pressure ?

Gas rated at 22 kW..

Meter pressures at 20.5mbars
And it's the only gas appliance in dwelling.
As in the picture
The iso was turned off from last
And have a standing mains pressure of 2.5bar

1508596328229565731922.jpg

1508596421169583981642.jpg

Clean the gas valve out there know for getting muck in them that should get you your figures on spec

What was the fga readings ?

Thanks Shaun.
Don't know where I'd be without your help/advise.
Much appreciated mate.
One more question/s
Had burner pressure reading on max setting ( with clunk and banging) and a reading of 12mbars
Would that be the clunk and banging
MIs say it's 14mbars
The plate heat exchanger priced at ÂŁ288 inc.
Removed CP12 and had explained the reason for constant build up of pressure.
Still can't work out why the pressure would still gradually up whilst tap rail isolator is fully off though!!!!
I've added the picture

Did you test the bp after 10+ mins ? As I'm sure there's something in the manual about it must be after x amount

Isolate the cold into the boiler and run a hot tap

If system pressure drops there's a pass between dhw and heating so new hx or boiler

Clunking could be a few things old pump not pushing the water away fast enough or hx dirty from sludge etc

After all that I'm away..
These lot have left me without contact
Left them my number expecting to get an immediate response.
They've returned and ALL the way back home from Holland and said ...
Said .. said..
Sorry.
WTH
we GLAD to have them present whilst explaing the buildin up and the cause whilst doing a gas rate and bp
Yes had run the boiler for around ten mins on full prior to the bp.
Listsening to clunk and bang and staring who I the face lol..
Left premises and no way going back for any further assistances.
Was actually fumed over not contacting me in any way in regards to their noisy banging appliance.
Yes had turns it off after leaving and explain ed I'm going to be busy and ALL the way up to Christmas
Sure they got a message

Just noticed the flue bodging
Had to go back left my wrench was right on top of the boiler
Looked at the flu..
Well there are not to any current standards.
This would have been one to add ..
The appliance was a 28iKW
MIs say a 14mar burner pressure or near to
Had a burner pres of 2mbars below MIs 14

20171021_193817.jpg

20171021_195421.jpg

Flue is correct, I would want to see what the duct tape was there for but I think it's just to seal the outer flue

Before you said the burner pressure was 12 and now 2 which is it ?

2mbars lower MIs are 14mbars

All in all has been a little headache
The silly thing is they're under obligation of keeping the old boiler and to repair.

Just a good old decent service and replacement of the ex vessel and you will be good to go and you will be fine

Cheers..
I'm off to the airport in a mo
South Africa short holiday with the kids to see the wild life safari

Back in a few weeks time

Thanks again shaun

Good luck and remember no thinking about work :D

Omg
Please
Don't remind me
Be more bothered of kids trying to get up close to the cats and selfies..

Just skim read this so may have missed something
The pressure rise will probably be a pinholed main heat ex (between mains cold and heating side) and the banging could be the prv chattering due to overpressure
Have changed a couple of older Worcester twin pipe heat exs and they aren't cheap
edit
by twin pipe, I mean separate waterways for heating and hot water (it;s actually 4 pipes) doh

Just skim read this so may have missed something
The pressure rise will probably be a pinholed main heat ex (between mains cold and heating side) and the banging could be the prv chattering due to overpressure
Have changed a couple of older Worcester twin pipe heat exs and they aren't cheap
edit
by twin pipe, I mean separate waterways for heating and hot water (it;s actually 4 pipes) doh
I said heat ex straight off mate. But I get the impression he doesn’t want Any part in it? As he says there is a load wrong with it.

No windings in this one lol
Maybe a few more moving parts more like.

Just a good old decent service and replacement of the ex vessel and you will be good to go and you will be fine
You sure about that one Shaun C...??
And has valve
And dba???

spanner you really are acting like a spanner , you need to learn about categorising AR & ID again even before going on holidays :);):p

Your sounding like a holiday mate.
Don't think you can read the 1st thread.

You sure about that one Shaun C...??
And has valve
And dba???

yes full strip and clean

dba??????

as long as the hex isnt fecked

Yep sure pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester junior 28i (non condense) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Let me preface - I install and repair boilers and in my humble opinion Worcester Greenstar i aka Junior isn't a good boiler. I realise why they...
Replies
Views
I have a worcester greenstar 28i junior boiler in my flat, its about 7 years old and has never put a foot wrong apart from losing a bit of...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a Worcester Junior 28i combi Boiler. Recently it has been causing a few issues. For a while it was loosing pressure and i was...
Replies
Views
A
Hello guys, My name is Dave, I'm a gas engineer from Exeter, Devon & I've been having some trouble with a Worcester 28i junior combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock