Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Junior 28I Combi - On the way out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I have a Worcester Junior 28i combi Boiler.
Recently it has been causing a few issues.

For a while it was loosing pressure and i was having to top up (1/2 a week) This seems to have stopped now however.

But not it has started to make a strange noise:

After running hot water, then turning off about 30 seconds/1 min after there is a noise in the boiler like rushing water. It sounds like when i have to top it up.

Along with this noise, the pressure on the needle goes up until it reaches maximum, then it drops whilst making a much louder noise. I assume this is the pressure relief valve doing its trick.

So if the fault likely to be in the Pressure vessel, or the heat exchanger?
Is this something worth fixing on a 10+ year old boiler (don't know exact age)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sam

sounds like plate heat exchanger has gone i would goi for a new better boiler

I would say it needs a good full strip and service should cover and fix the two faults will require some parts tho

Best get a gas safe engy to have a look

sounds like plate heat exchanger has gone i would goi for a new better boiler

Why would a blocked plate make the pressure rise and trigger the PRV?

Almost certainly is a expansion vessel issue, most of the time they just need recharged. If your unlucky you might need it replaced but 90% of the time it doesn’t need it. Recharging the vessel is a small job and still worth doing on an old boiler IMO

Thanks for the replies,

When I got home yesterday there was low pressure so I topped it up.
Then before bed I checked and again low pressure so topped up

Just checked this morning and guess what? Low pressure again.

I assume this points more towards the PV?
I think I’ll get this fixed as by the looks an external one can be done relatively cheaply

If this doesn’t work and therefor it’s the exchange it may be a engineer or possibly a replacement boiler job.

One question, I keep topping up with water, where does all The water keep going to be back to low pressure? Is it getting dumped by the PRV?

2nd Q, when fitting an external PV do you need to remove / isolate the internal ?

Cheers

you need a gas safe engineer as you cant change the prv without removing the case.

Do Worcester allow an external??

Get worcester to do a fixed price service & repair.
Saves you a lot of hassle if several parts are needed, then get it annually serviced by a local GSR engineer.
Cheers,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Junior 28I Combi - On the way out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock