Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar Expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

Serviced a boiler today that was over pressurising when heating up, so thought it would be a simple case of drain down and re-pressurise the vessel. tried that and found that the vessel would not take any pressure as if the valve was blocked, I removed the schrader valve but no change.

Any one else come across this? I removed the flexi hose which had debris in but not blocked.

Rubber stuck to the wall of the vessel due to over expanding needs a new one you might be lucky and free it off with about 4-6 bar of pressure but normally overstretched etc

Going to quote for both a replacement and an external, dont really fancy installing a replacement as its 3 floors up in a tiny cupboard with a horizontal flue.

Going to quote for both a replacement and an external, dont really fancy installing a replacement as its 3 floors up in a tiny cupboard with a horizontal flue.

much space above the boiler?

Reply to Worcester Greenstar Expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi How simple is it to replace the expansion vessel hose? Do I simply turn the boiler off, drain the boiler and swap hoses, using some PTFE tape?
Replies
Views
Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach OVER 2.5bar also whilst running CH. Is this more than likely a flat Expansion Vessel that needs inflating or could there be other possible causes if...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a Grant Vortex that's leaking water from the seal around the expansion vessel - it's the round type about 50cm wide. The system is at 1.5 - 2 bar, but the expansion vessel has no air in it, and it's leaking water. No water is coming out of the Schrader valve either. The system...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need to order a flexible pipe to connect this vessel up with. The pressure vessel instructions don't mention the thread size? A 22mm pipe almost fits over the threads so I assume it's 3/4 BSP? Does that sound right? The other end goes to the valve, will a flexi like this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock