Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 38cdi Classic Combi Minimum Flow Rate in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello there, I'm wondering if anybody can advise me, please. I'm in the process of switching my thermostatic radiator valves to Drayton Wiser valves. I currently have one radiator fitted with lockshield valves as a bypass, but I would like to put a Wiser valve on this as well and incorporate an automatic bypass valve into the system. My only problem is finding the information that I need to correctly set the bypass valve.

Could anybody advise me what the minimum flow rate requirement is for a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 38CDi Classic combi, or even better, advise me what the bypass valve should be set at, please? I have looked for the information, but I just can't find it anywhere.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Richard

I would leave it as a lockshield or fit an external bypass

Thanks for that Shaun, it is an external bypass that I am going to fit (I don't want to leave the radiator with lockshields), so I'm trying to find out what to set a new external bypass valve to.

Kind regards,

Richard

you set them under normal conditions with all the trvs open so there’s no flow through eg no heat and add half a turn / number so eg no flow on 2 you set it to 2.5

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 38cdi Classic Combi Minimum Flow Rate in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic boiler. I replaced the old thermostat controller with a smart dual-channel HIVE one. I did all the wiring following the diagram in the attached picture. The boiler doesn't work anymore. Please, any suggestions?
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Last May had a new Greenstar 4000 boiler fitted and only recently started using the heating. Once the set room temperature is reached the boiler modulates (presumably) and stays running for very long periods (many hours) but the circulating water is only luke warm (about 35 degrees) Any heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock