Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 30 CDI fault code E9 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

arran197

Gas Engineer
A mate of mine has been to have a look at the above boiler with fault code expires E9 displayed. Apparently means seized pump, overheat stat fault or so he tells me. He's put a Grundfos 15-60 on it, it still didn't work after he swapped over the pump electrics, which I have now had a look at. The box on the side of the original pump has a pcb in it, live neutral and earth connections, but then also has another connection with 3 other wires going to it. The stat has continuity through it and when you run the boiler it kettles up quickly with no circulation.

Now I assume I'm barking up the right tree here, the pump had 240v on the live and a resistance of 152 ohms. I think it looks like the pcb has failed on the pump, it also smells a bit strange.

Anyone know if this sounds correct and that only the original type pump is suitable? It's an expensive part, with part number 87161063540.

Thanks.

british gas combi fault finding book mention Worcester bosch pump certain models cant be changed for just a head think its the 350 they mention

A mate of mine has been to have a look at the above boiler with fault code expires E9 displayed. Apparently means seized pump, overheat stat fault or so he tells me. He's put a Grundfos 15-60 on it, it still didn't work after he swapped over the pump electrics, which I have now had a look at. The box on the side of the original pump has a pcb in it, live neutral and earth connections, but then also has another connection with 3 other wires going to it. The stat has continuity through it and when you run the boiler it kettles up quickly with no circulation.

Now I assume I'm barking up the right tree here, the pump had 240v on the live and a resistance of 152 ohms. I think it looks like the pcb has failed on the pump, it also smells a bit strange.

Anyone know if this sounds correct and that only the original type pump is suitable? It's an expensive part, with part number 87161063540.

Thanks.

The three other wires you are talking about on the pump will be for modulating

That's what I assumed they were for. My mate swapped over all the electrics to the other pump, but that still didn't run. I think it's actually the pcb on the pump that's gone, so will have to get the whole thing. I think the customer is going to order it for us and we'll fit it, he's got the part number.

Yeah the pumps on cdi's are modulating so couldn't like to fit a regular grundfos head lol!

The last pump on a cdi I changed the pump bit was like brand new but the capacitor in the big electronic box on the side had a big split in it!!

ent it cheaper to buy the pump kit on these instead of just the pump head?? always best to replace part for part on the newer boilers......could get away with on the older non modulating pumps.

ent it cheaper to buy the pump kit on these instead of just the pump head?? always best to replace part for part on the newer boilers......could get away with on the older non modulating pumps.

Yes the pump kit is cheaper than the pump head does not make any sense.

New pump fitted and it was working. Won't fire for central heating though now, but I haven't been back to it and my mate has given up with it! I think he was getting fed up of going back there tbh.

Needs this:
Gransfors-Small-ForestAxe1_zpsgudeoj1m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 30 CDI fault code E9 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am handy DIYer but not interested in touching anything boiler related! Just interested before I get a Gas safe engineer out what I could be looking at for what the problem is and rough cost. So in a nutshell, I put a radiator on in a room in the extension, noticed after that the pressure...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
Hi all, 12 year old boiler, regularly serviced working fine, then wife turned on hot water and it stopped working. Same then with CH. Left it for a while worked and then stopped again. I looked at it when got home and when run water boilersstarts up, temp rises and then it cuts out. Same with...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has been very reliable, and also runs at superb efficiency when tested, regularly serviced etc. The boiler is in a very old stone cottage (built 1791)...
Replies
Views
C
Ive moved into a house with a worcester greenstar 35 HE plus boiler in the garage. The TR2 thermostat controller is hanging loose on the wall in the living room, and is faulty. I want the TR2 replaced with a controller i can set a timer on, either digital or mechanical, the TR2 has three wires...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock