Discuss Worcester 24i RSF - Flame won't stay lit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shamilt1

Hi all. I'm on here looking for help again after my plumber is still illusive! No hot water in the shower this evening, so I checked the boiler and there was no flame. I turned off the electricity supply then back on again to see if it would light but no luck. After reading my manual I pressed the reset button on top of the boiler which lit it, but then there were some nasty sounding gurgling noises, which lasted five or six seconds before the flame went out again. I tried it a couple more times and the same thing happened. The pressure on the front of the boiler is as it should be at around 1 1/4 bar. Please could you anybody point me in the right direction to what the problem could be? Many thanks, Steve.

boiler has over heated, could be pump, blockage, air in system, you need a gse im afraid
Thanks for reply. I will get one out when I can get one to answer the phone. I was hoping someone could tell me a few checks I could carry out to try determine the fault- then see if it's a fix that I could maybe attempt.

The only thing you could check realy is the pressure as that could also cause it but you ay that is over 1 bar so if the gauge is working correctly then theres not much more you can do. You could try tapping the gauge just to make sure it is reading correctly. Failing that you will need to get someone out. If its not the pump and it turns out the main heat exchanger is blocked I would be leaning twords a new boiler as you may end up spending alot of money to repair it

Just spotted a fair bit of water outside which has come from the overflow pipe- does this help in pinpointing the fault?

Okay. Plumber been and condemned it. Pump knackered, circuit board got scorch marks on and expansion vessel suspect- as it's 11 years old it's time for a new one. He has recommended a Broag 28 condensing boiler with a five year parts and labour warranty. Is this a good boiler? I'm waiting for a quote, but any idea what it should cost to supply and fit this:sick:

Okay. Plumber been and condemned it. Pump knackered, circuit board got scorch marks on and expansion vessel suspect- as it's 11 years old it's time for a new one. He has recommended a Broag 28 condensing boiler with a five year parts and labour warranty. Is this a good boiler? I'm waiting for a quote, but any idea what it should cost to supply and fit this:sick:

he cant condem it on that alone he can only advise you of repair costs or new boiler. Thats quite a good boiler from what I have seen of them, pcb is expensive and I imagine other parts are but there quite reliable and have heared good things about them generaly.

he cant condem it on that alone he can only advise you of repair costs or new boiler. Thats quite a good boiler from what I have seen of them, pcb is expensive and I imagine other parts are but there quite reliable and have heared good things about them generaly.
Well he actually advised that as its 11 years old and theres all sorts wrong with it it's probably time to change it - that's as good as condemning it to me!
He has quoted £1700 to supply and fit the new Broag, with a 5 year parts and labour warranty. Sounds reasonable to me- what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 24i RSF - Flame won't stay lit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

. . . Honeywell CM927 Thermostat Ethos 54C (Condensing Combination Boiler) I set the Thermostat to 26°C (79°F). The boiler fires up and heats...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler which is causing me lots of heartache and grief. About 3 months ago it locked out and...
Replies
Views
Condensing boiler installed by local Gas Safe plumber in 2014, not combi. Failed a couple of weeks ago with flashing blue light which googling...
Replies
Views
Hey Folks. I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Mk4 system boiler that is locked out. The boiler was working correctly, then the gas supply was...
Replies
Views
We just had our meters changed from prepayment to smart meters. The boiler was lit after with no leaks, but has subsequently gone out and won't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock