Discuss Wilson Wallflame 60 boiler - does it contain asbestos? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raiph

I'm quoting to replace a 40 year old Wilson boiler. As far as I'm aware it has asbestos insulation on the lid - can someone please confirm?

If it is the case how do I remove it safely and then get rid of it.

I'm quoting to replace a 40 year old Wilson boiler. As far as I'm aware it has asbestos insulation on the lid - can someone please confirm?

If it is the case how do I remove it safely and then get rid of it.

if it does you cant, you need an asbestos registered firm in to get rid of it, needs a paper trail

The fact that you can reply to a post - spend minutes typing - hit post Quick Reply - and then be told to go away. Second attempt after logging in ...

Yes I'm aware of the paper trail required if it IS asbestos. I'm trying to avoid a survey and lab fees. Someone must remember them - and be able to confirm/deny asbestos.

The fact that you can reply to a post - spend minutes typing - hit post Quick Reply - and then be told to go away. Second attempt after logging in ...

Yes I'm aware of the paper trail required if it IS asbestos. I'm trying to avoid a survey and lab fees. Someone must remember them - and be able to confirm/deny asbestos.

is it worth the risk it could always come back to bit you in your arse esp if the customer knows its ab, hope you have a good lawyer :D what age was it made?

I remember them. I used to service them. Brilliant boiler in some ways. They would be 40 plus years old any that are still around.
I would think there is asbestos in them. Any rope seals or flue pipe that looks like asbestos will be

I've had a reply from the asbestoswatchdog :

I have copied below a list that may help. There would not be any measurable risk to your health from any supposed asbestos in the unit but if you cannot identify the specification you should presume an asbestos content and remove and tip the unit whole and tip as hazardous waste. You do not need a special removal license for this

The list he refers to is the Gas and Electric Appliances list - I cannot find one for oil boilers.

Is there a possibility that you may damage the asbestos when removing the boiler?

If not then don't remove the panel containing it and just take the boiler out whole.

If you think that you might then pass it on to an asbestos removal company.

If it is 40 years old then if it looks like asbestos it will be asbestos as most boilers around that age used asbestos. But if your not going to damage the asbestos then there is no problem.

I'll remove the covers and control bits and then wrap it in plastic and take it outside whole - without removing the top.

The gas and electric appliance lists are:

asbestoswatchdog.co.uk/advice/appliances]Heating Appliances List

I've contacted Grant engineering to see if they are aware of an oil-list. If there isn't one there should be one. I've tried OFTEC. Wasted phone call. Say no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wilson Wallflame 60 boiler - does it contain asbestos? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now...
Replies
Views
Hi Can you help me determine if my new Navien lcb700 lsx is working as expected? I got the Navien oil boiler installed to replaced an old...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock