Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Williams & Co 2014 survey - crowdsourcing additional question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

We will soon be sending out out "2014 State of trade and labour rate" survey. See draft pdf attached for the question list.

Questions 1 - 13 and question 15 will not change. We have asked the same question since the survey started, and we won't even re-word one. They may not be perfect, but the most important data comes in the changes year on year and the trends over time. If we fiddle with the wording of long established questions, we effectively junk all that history, because we don't know how previous respondents would have answered the re-worded question.

However, Question 14 was introduced during the credit crunch, and is now looking a bit irrelevant. I am considering taking it out and inserting another question.

So what should we ask? I only really have room for one - although like the current Q14 it could have several aspects to it. I make no promises, but if there is a strong consensus here, we MAY include it in our next survey. Between our customers, the HPM magazine and this forum, I hope to get 1000 responses this year.

Heres a thread with last years survey results attached.

Over to you!

View attachment stateoftradesurvey2014 vs1.pdf

Maybe do we buy the materials or let customer buy them

I thought about asking whether people trained the traditional college/apprenticeship route, or gone through a commercial fast-track programme.
:)

Do you regually share knowledge with other plumbers?

see how open the industry is?

touch useless for the forum users though....

Obviously as a GSR you take home over £50k a year.

Option 1 >10%

Option 2 > 25%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Williams & Co 2014 survey - crowdsourcing additional question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock