Discuss wicks combi 82. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajsplumer

:) hi guys any feedback would be great and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

ok so my friend from work has a wicks combi 82 which has decided to breakdown, the fault is when hot water is called for (hot tap run) the boiler sparks and fires but imediately drops down to a low flame, and then goes out it repeats this sequence 2 or 3 times then locks out, my first thought ws maby the diverter valve ws faulty and stuck on heating, luckily i have a full wicks 82 combi with all parts i removed and kept for him which is in his garage so parts r on hand. possibly could be a flow switch or somthing simple but i have never worked on this boiler b4 and was hoping a more exprenced engineer who has may be able to help. thanks ant

sorry im not femiliar with the term pex? is that short hand?

thanks stevetheplumber by secondary i take it you mean the plate to plate heat exchanger? regards ant

i think if memory serves me the its the same as a halstead finest gold! have you checked the HW diaphram hasnt got a split, remove the microswitch, run the hot tap and watch the pin does it come out fully then sink back in slowly? if it does the the diaphram needs changing. or like my old gaffer did on occasions fixed with a puncture repair kit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wicks combi 82. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock