Search the forum,

Discuss ##### Why is it.... ####### in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
when I click on "New Posts" I can see a response to a thread/post that I've contributed to yet I can't see what's been posted often for many hours later?

Because it is posted by somebody with less than X number of posts and Shaun has to read it first to protect us from naughty posts (Haha).
Other forums have a system where members report such posts and they are removed. Maybe we aren`t trusted.

when I click on "New Posts" I can see a response to a thread/post that I've contributed to yet I can't see what's been posted often for many hours later?

there under moderation eg new members under 10 posts have to be modded for spam etc

and I’m off duty this week as I’m busy so left to Lou and Dan

I believe so at the moment
Haha, sounds like a firm Yes to me.
[automerge]1606332544[/automerge]
Ok soz for being impatient but I need my "likes" man or I get the shakes.
Look at it from the posters point of view : Oh I`ve found a good, polite and interesting forum, I`ll put my Q here.

And they wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, then hurrah a day later their Q is there.
So they wait for a reply, and wait, and wait, and wait, well you get the idea.

No wonder the same Q often appears elsewhere.

Not digging at you Shaun, know you are flying solo on this.
If I get modded for this, well so be it. There is a better system.

Last edited:
Ok soz for being impatient but I need my "likes" man or I get the shakes.

:D it’s all good mr like monster

0YzJMi-8.jpg

Reply to ##### Why is it.... ####### in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock