Discuss why have a FGA acs assement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont use one as i install boilers every day, not part of the commisioning process, but i do have CPA1 and i have used them when servicing

The thing is if you take CEN1 you're deemed as competent to work on boilers. No differentiation is made between installing and servicing so you need to have the necessary skill set for both activities. Most (if not all) modern boilers require the use of a FGA to carry out the necessary checks for the annual service.

There are also some boilers where the manufacturer asks for FGA as part of the commissioning procedure. If you convert a boiler from NG to LPG it's normal to need a FGA to set it up correctly.

How about a flue too close to an opening where it could be classified NTCS or AR depending if there is any ingress of POCs. You can't check this without a FGA although I feel that CPA1 is woefully inadequate in the respect of checking ambient CO.

I think that knowing how to use a FGA is important with modern appliances but I feel that the way the requirement has been implemented has been rushed and the CPA1 qualification should have been built into CCN1 and for it to become a legal requirement 5 years after it was first incorporated.

vokera unicas dont require a fga, unless gas valve is altered!! so commisioning not require fga.. although i know most of u look down on easyinstall vokeras. :( x

There's plenty of boilers that don't need FGA on installation. Ideal, Worcester, Baxi to name a few.

I can not see you can't have one, gas safe have realised its a tool that is needed to commission today boilers on top of all the other testing requirements, it's also required for servicing on some boilers, it also can help tell you there is a problem with a boiler. My only complaint is more money we have to pay out, more laws we have to stick to, without really increasing our income, let's face facts for what we do as gas installers, signing our names to all those appliances at property's we should all be on a fantastic wage, but times are hard,

I prefer to use a fga on all service / repairs on A rated boilers , but I do feel that gas safe will want to make it a requirment, i just wanted to hear other rgi views . ps i am really chuffed to be a junior

As ive said before, the only people making real money in the gas industry these days are the training centres and the people that we have to register with. If you turned round to a joiner and said: now then mr tradesman you spend 5 years of your life training in your profession and then we will force you back into college every 5 years and charge you a small ransom for the privlege of it and then add a steady stream of extra qualifications over your working life to extract more of your hard earned money from you but at least we will smile at you whilst we take your money." he would wrap knock you unconcious with his 6 foot spirit and say "on your bike". Rant over.:cuss:

To bloody right he would, our trade has been blead time after time and they just keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to why have a FGA acs assement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
J
    • Love
During Covid I had to undertake a phone consultation to pass my Gas Safe Inspection. I failed dismally even though I have over 35 years...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with...
Replies
Views
DIY air conditioning system. I've got lots of plumbing experience and want to install my own a/c split system 3 to 1. I intend having it...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock