Discuss why have a FGA acs assement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

garrythegasman

why have a acs element on fgas. when there is no requirment to own a calibrated analayser to be on the gas safe register

because some people do not need to own one and gas safe has yet to buy shares in a FGA company :)

is not this the next step ie gas safe requiring rgi to own a fga

there are plenty of engineers that do not require a FGA, so why should they need to buy one? Many engineers just install boilers/heating for a living and would not need to use one.

So can you install a boiler and commission it without a fga?

yes, unless the manufactures instructions requires it in the installation and commissioning instructions. Most dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to why have a FGA acs assement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
J
    • Love
During Covid I had to undertake a phone consultation to pass my Gas Safe Inspection. I failed dismally even though I have over 35 years...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with...
Replies
Views
DIY air conditioning system. I've got lots of plumbing experience and want to install my own a/c split system 3 to 1. I intend having it...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock