Discuss Why does my toilet spray water outside the bowl as it flushes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all
Please can you help?
Why does my toilet spray water outside the bowl as it flushes?
Please see photo of cistern
Thanks

Attachments

• Toilet cistern.jpg
    Toilet cistern.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 27
It’s normally for a few splashes due to the water speed due to you having a low level eg flush pipe

Anything changed ?

Dont see any new parts in the cistern so has there been any changes in the house plumbing wise at all?

Not sure if still available but you could buy a restrictor that fitted where the flush cone sits once upon a time. They were used with high level cisterns.

Height of the cistern can cause this people usually just hang the cistern then use whole length of the flush pipe, wouldn’t be surprised if your cistern needs lowering, as it sounds like its got to much head on it,

Hold on, I'm wondering if we have wires crossed here.

Why has the OP given us a photo of the CISTERN specifically unless the water is coming from the cistern itself?

Betty - is the pan splashing as it flushes, or do you mean that water is splashing from the cistern itself?

Reply to Why does my toilet spray water outside the bowl as it flushes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
My toilet was slow flushing. I did some research and discovered it needed a new diaphragm washer. I managed to replace that. It now works. But...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern...
Replies
Views
I own an ArmitageShanks fairly compact cistern pictured. Does anyone know the model and make? 1, Is it close-coupled only or can it be converted...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank takes about 10 seconds to empty and it’s kind of showers down from the middle, rather than that sudden...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Hi there, can anybody help? I am trying to buy a replacement toilet flush push button as my current one is broken? However I cannot find the same...
Replies
Views
Back