Search the forum,

Discuss NAME THIS CISTERN PLEASE in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

I own an ArmitageShanks fairly compact cistern pictured.
Does anyone know the model and make?
1, Is it close-coupled only or can it be converted to free standing above bowl?
2, Which close-coupled toilet bowls is this compatible with? A wide selection or just one bowl?
3, Modern cisterns like this no longer have an overflow pipe going outside the house?
How does this work on this model?
4, Are the inner workings so far as you can see in place and OK?
5, The cold water feed goes to the long thin white pipe with a screw in system as normal?
Thanks

cistern3.jpg

Attachments

• cistern2.jpg
    cistern2.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 10
  • cistern1.jpg
    cistern1.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 12
Can be converted to a flush pipe etc just need L brackets and a flush pipe and nut etc

Any of you don’t mind them not matching colour / style

no internal overflow via siphon just need a overflow blanking plug

Would change them as you have it out

That’s the fill valve

Last edited:
Can be converted to a flush pipe etc just need L brackets and a flush pipe and nut etc

Any of you don’t mind them not matching colour / style

no internal overflow via siphon just need a overflow blanking plug

Would change them as you have it out

That’s the fill valve

Thanks for this.
I've been unable to get a watertight seal after I removed the old cistern and fitted the new one using a plastic pipe due to leaks at the nut and bolt at the top as well as problems fixing the plastic pipe in a watertight way to the back of the new loo.
I assume that close-coupled is designed to dispense with that problem or to at least reduce it by bringing the two together and this may explain why nearly all new ones now are close-coupled?
I'm planning to match the white cistern with a new close-coupled loo with easier fitting kit and will remove the Heritage floral loo (I got it for £5 down the council tip) and use it as an outdoor planter.
That cistern with the metal clamp at the bottom is designed, I think, specifically for close-coupling and I think the metal two point nut and bolt fixes it to the loo.

I'm minded, now, to go close-coupled, which I think is

Reply to NAME THIS CISTERN PLEASE in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock