Discuss Why do some traps have an inner spigot? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Elementary question I'm sure.. I've ended up with a huge bag of random bits and can't remember if they were sold and packaged as for some distinct purpose...
Shown here posing next to a spigotless trap.

Photo1399.jpg

think its there to stop the pipe being pulled out of line but the others are fine as long as you get your lengths and angles right

the one with the spigot is a McAlpine trap, by far the best on the market, they will stay leak free for 20 years or more, the cheaper versions wont

I think it is to make a more stable central connection of the pipe into the trap some terrain traps used to supply an insert into the pipe before fitting it into the trap to take up any uneven cut ends regards turnpin
icon7.png

I've always thought it was there to aid sealing and alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why do some traps have an inner spigot? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all i got myself in a muddle. a friend of a friend came around at xmas to help me line up two copper pipes for shower bar install. the pipes...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got this reducer FloPlast Overflow Waste Reducer White 32mm -...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I've had unfortunate issues throughout my adult life and more so since switching to a largely plant based diet of blocking toilets...
Replies
Views
Hi, Noob here Struggling with a Baxi Platinum 28HE. a few years ago, the boiler was (almost) completely rebuilt with about 99% new parts. but...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock