Search the forum,

Discuss Why Are Long Radius Bends less than 90 Degrees? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonjack

Hi

I am replacing an old soil stack and some underground drainage coming of it with upvc and have hit a bit of a snag and need a pro to explain my school boy error!

I have bought a long radius bend (eg. Double Socket Drain Bend 87.5Deg - Underground Drainage - Guttering & Drainage -Building Materials - Wickes) for the base of the vertical stack but because its 82.5 degrees it means I cant get it to fall away to connect up with the nearby existing salt-glazed which I reckon has about a 1:30 fall away. A 87.5 degree bend that connects to the vertical on one axis will then mean that the 'horizontal' bit coming off is going slightly upwards right?

Can you get a 92 degrees bend or something which would seem more logical in order to get a slight fall coming out of it? I cant find any such product at Wickes or Screwfix.

pipe.angles.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 87.5 degrees is taken from the other side, i.e. 180 - 87.5 = 92.5

Hey mate, you just sold me a pipe shaped like a boomerang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why Are Long Radius Bends less than 90 Degrees? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock