Search the forum,

Discuss Who makes this BG boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
Posted here coz we're not gas safe and to keep from public eyes

No we're not going to play with it's internals :)

The cover says it's a British Gas 330+

Have to fit a thermal store and pipe this to it so we'll use it as a bi-valent heat source with the primary being a Heat pump, just wanted to know what it really is so that I can get hold of the technical manuals to see how it responds to and what it need in terms of calls for heat, pump overrun etc.

And what's that pipe stat doing at the top? My guess is it's to do with frost protection..

1-IMG_3558.jpg2-IMG_3562.jpg

Thx

glowworm maybe flexicom and yea pipe stat is for frost

Last edited:
Just downloaded some glowworm and flexicom manuals, wow, wish our systems were so simple to install !

Two terminals, one call for heat from heating/dhw, one from frost stat, that's it ...

Makes it really simple, we put a differential controller on the thermal store and if the flow temp is dropping when there is a call for heat (i.e. Heat pump can't cope), or we just choose an outside bi-valent temp, then send a call for heat and fill / support the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Who makes this BG boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock