Search the forum,

Discuss While one shower is in use, the other receives only cold water. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

ade

Hello team,

we just moved into a new house and after a day of cleaning we thought to test the water pressure while both the showers are on (one located in the main bathroom downstairs, one in the ensuite on the first floor). While the pressure was okay (or at least, better than the previous hose), I have noticed that the downstair bathroom was receiving hot water while the one in the ensuite (the one I was using) was only providing cold icy water. I really don't know why, so I am looking for ideas, things to check and based on that estimates on how much will cost fixing that. When the shower in the ensuite is the only one running it works great, the boiler is located on the same floor too. Any suggestion?

Many thanks in advance!

They only rate that boiler at 10 litres per minute hot water supply. Never going to supply two showers at the same time.
It's only recommended for 1 bathroom.

They only rate that boiler at 10 litres per minute hot water supply. Never going to supply two showers at the same time.
It's only recommended for 1 bathroom.
Oh I see, it will need to be replaced to fix this issue 🤔 . Many thanks SimonG, it's not urgent for now but in few months it might be something that I will look in to. Most probably a newer model will improve the gas consumption and the heating too

Or keep existing boiler, run taps off the combi then fit unvented cylinder and run that off the combi. That's if pressures and flow allow.

You will never run 2. showers off a combi , you would need to change systems .
Potentially expensive, unvented cylinder and heat only boiler .
Or keep existing boiler, run taps off the combi then fit unvented cylinder and run that off the combi. That's if pressures and flow allow.
Thank you both! What would be the best solution in terms of results and gas bills? To be honest, using both the showers is more a treat than a need

Could the flow rate to each shower be reduced to say 5 /6 LPM by fitting restrictors in the shower heads?, the combi might then supply both and also just one as long as the flow switch is still happy and the boiler modulates down without cutting out on hi temperature, a 28 kw boiler should theoretically supply almost 11.5 LPM with a 35 deg deltaT.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t do that, then you’ve got two poor showers.
As the lads say, if you don’t need two together - just leave it.
Otherwise it’s a big update required.

Would an Electric shower be an option ???

Have you tried just throttling down the flow on both showers to see if you can get both to deliver hot water together, for the odd times that you require both on it might be relatively easy to get a feel for the position of the flow control, it (they) might even be indexed, obviously you will only get "half flow" from each and would require the cooperation of both users!.

Reply to While one shower is in use, the other receives only cold water. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock