Discuss which order do you pipe up boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

just wondering which order you pipe up boilers in? and if there is a reason?

my own preference is to work left to right or right to left depending on situation as i find it quicker and easier.

boss keeps trying to drum into me to do gas first, then a tt can be done while the cold water is piped, allowing water back on quickly to rest of house. then any order for hw f and r, i don't like doing this however as we fit a lot of vaillants and i find it awkward to tighten up the valves when not working left to right as its hard to get tools in between two valves on most of vaillants.

just wondered what you guys do and why?

depending but i normally do cold first if we have supply turned off. no reason not to be able to use toilets or get kettle on then. also depends on the routes after leaving boiler

Normally the cold first, then gas, then everything else.
Unless it is on a boiler that makes it impossible to do it any other way than left to right, or right to left.

Graham

On the oil side I always like to sort cold first, as Bod says 'kettle', then depends on boiler and pipe routes.

am pretty sure vailiants tell you to do gas first and then work your way out either way, so you can do the fittings up without a struggle

I fit a lot of Vaillants and usually do gas first but it depends on the position of boiler, e.g if its hard up against a wall then I work out from the wall.

Whatever way they fall. No fixed order. Get the right tools and you can get them in anywhere.
On a swap i don't know until i look at it. On a new install it doesn't matter.
Always fill the kettle before you start and i only drink it (usually lukewarm - cold) if it is made for me :wink:

Whatever way they fall. No fixed order. Get the right tools and you can get them in anywhere.
On a swap i don't know until i look at it. On a new install it doesn't matter.
Always fill the kettle before you start and i only drink it (usually lukewarm - cold) if it is made for me :wink:
:iagree:

I like to get all pipe in dry and then when happy with layout get it all soldered up. No particular order thou

just wondering which order you pipe up boilers in? and if there is a reason?

my own preference is to work left to right or right to left depending on situation as i find it quicker and easier.

boss keeps trying to drum into me to do gas first, then a tt can be done while the cold water is piped, allowing water back on quickly to rest of house. then any order for hw f and r, i don't like doing this however as we fit a lot of vaillants and i find it awkward to tighten up the valves when not working left to right as its hard to get tools in between two valves on most of vaillants.

just wondered what you guys do and why?

Recently I purchased this Armeg Combi Spanner and I've found that it makes tightening these Vaillant valves up, so much easier. You can get around half a turn and the other valves don't came in the way. Its definitely a must have tool for me, it saves time and results in less fiddling about. Its good quality as well, nice and thick, not like the Monument compression spanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to which order do you pipe up boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock