Search the forum,

Discuss Which heat only boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Im replacing an old ferolli sigma 40 60 on an open vented system.
I ve narrowed the choice down to either
Baxi 418 18kw or Ideal Logic +heat 18kw
They are similarly priced and featured but i dont know either boiler.
What are the customer support like for Baxi vs Ideal and more to the point is one of these just plain superior? Thanks.

Baxi out of them choices

I’d go for neither if customer service is your thing. Glowworm/Vaillant or Atag

What's wrong with baxi customer service? I've had to use their warranty a couple of times and they've been brilliant. Glowworm/vaillant are renowned to trying to wriggle out of warranty.

You see I’ve had exactly the opposite. I’ve never had a problem with Vaillant or Glow-worm

Never had a problem getting through on either number. Couple of minutes to get through menus then straight to someone???

I can remember phoning glowworm a few years back I gave up after an hour and said to the customer it's either the probe or pcb. I think that's the longest I've ever waited for a technical line.

As for the boilers. The 400 heat only is just the ecoblue advanced rebadged.

I've only installed 1 about 5 years ago and touch wood never had a problem. Dead simple install and no need for permanent live. Rear flue option. Can literally strip it down in 2 minutes. Next day call outs for works members and 5 year warranty I believe.

As for the boilers. The 400 heat only is just the ecoblue advanced rebadged.

I've only installed 1 about 5 years ago and touch wood never had a problem. Dead simple install and no need for permanent live. Rear flue option. Can literally strip it down in 2 minutes. Next day call outs for works members and 5 year warranty I believe.
Must be ok if you have never been back.

Either will do the job mate I have fitted both with no issues only thing I don't like is the plastic cases they put on them now in my opinion it's a big mistake . Kop

Reply to Which heat only boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock