Search the forum,

Discuss Which heat only boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Im replacing an old ferolli sigma 40 60 on an open vented system.
I ve narrowed the choice down to either
Baxi 418 18kw or Ideal Logic +heat 18kw
They are similarly priced and featured but i dont know either boiler.
What are the customer support like for Baxi vs Ideal and more to the point is one of these just plain superior? Thanks.

Baxi out of them choices

I’d go for neither if customer service is your thing. Glowworm/Vaillant or Atag

What's wrong with baxi customer service? I've had to use their warranty a couple of times and they've been brilliant. Glowworm/vaillant are renowned to trying to wriggle out of warranty.

You see I’ve had exactly the opposite. I’ve never had a problem with Vaillant or Glow-worm

Never had a problem getting through on either number. Couple of minutes to get through menus then straight to someone???

I can remember phoning glowworm a few years back I gave up after an hour and said to the customer it's either the probe or pcb. I think that's the longest I've ever waited for a technical line.

As for the boilers. The 400 heat only is just the ecoblue advanced rebadged.

I've only installed 1 about 5 years ago and touch wood never had a problem. Dead simple install and no need for permanent live. Rear flue option. Can literally strip it down in 2 minutes. Next day call outs for works members and 5 year warranty I believe.

As for the boilers. The 400 heat only is just the ecoblue advanced rebadged.

I've only installed 1 about 5 years ago and touch wood never had a problem. Dead simple install and no need for permanent live. Rear flue option. Can literally strip it down in 2 minutes. Next day call outs for works members and 5 year warranty I believe.
Must be ok if you have never been back.

Either will do the job mate I have fitted both with no issues only thing I don't like is the plastic cases they put on them now in my opinion it's a big mistake . Kop

Reply to Which heat only boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there. . . I have a vented heating system, on an oil boiler. Also connected to the system is an open multifuel fire boiler which can be used with the oil boiler or on its own. Both will heat the radiators and the hot water. . . I recently drained down the system to change a radiator (a...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of converting part of my house into a holiday let but have had 2 different solutions suggested on how to heat and provide water to both properties. I only have oil as the fuel option. 1 plumber has quoted for 2 separate boilers; one is a system boiler to replace our current...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone My Pottertn Suprima 40 is now 18 years old a I am looking around. Someone told me about Rinna Infiniy 16 i gas water heater. A member of this forum said they are streets ahead of WB, Baxi etc, however when I looked at ERP comparison, The Rinnai is 78.9% efficient compared to my...
Replies
Views
S
Good evening I`ve had a quote on a boiler and I`m torn which to go for. The list I was offered are Baxi Duotec 28HE Worcester Junior Baxi Platinum 28 Ideal Logic Plus Vaillant EcoTec pro 28 I was swayed towards the Vaillant until I read reviews about the 76 Pump error lots
Replies
Views
T
Got a possible replacement coming up and was after some suggestions for what to look at and what you guys like to fit and why. iro 30kw, open vented, small enough to fit into kitchen cupboard if poss but probably not a deal breaker. Any suggestions much appreciated. For combis recently I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock