Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Which FGA do you use? in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. kasser

kasser GSR

As title says.
    How about the TPI one - what do you guys think? It's quite cheap...
    Also, if you don't have a printer, do you just save the readings on the device?

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Kane and testo and always get a printer

Tpi are ok but don't last long without problems and cost of servicing once a bit old is rough

3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Just purchased a new Kane myself. No issues so far.

4. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

Just purchased testo with printer, temp. Sensors, etc.. top quality... definitely was worth spending this money.

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

458?

• Like Like x 1
  6. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Kane for me

7. kasser

kasser GSR

Kane's printer is pretty slow...
    Nobody mentioned the Anton yet...

8. Harvest Fields

Yes mate

9. Harvest Fields

Had an Anton for about 5 years but just switched back to Kane as mentioned above.

10. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Testo 327 for me got another one as had all the accessories and printer £120ish for service and calibration does all i need . cheers kop

• Like Like x 1
  11. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

I have had an Anton for 8 years and have had no problems with the machine or printer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Harvest Fields

Nothing wrong with Anton. As stated above. The reason I have switched back to Kane is that is what I had originally and wanted a change.

13. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Anton V2 for me. came with a printer, 2 temperature pipe clamps, 5 hole bent probe for flueless fires, a 7 hole cooker/grill probe, standard flue probe and a LED sniffer. It does timed let-by & tightness with a print out, fan and gas pressures - working, standing, burner etc.. positive and negative pressure readings useful for testing the fan pull, the sniffer is really useful in safely detecting gas leaks. Great for recording flow and return temperatures + temperature differential. It makes filling out the bench mark a doddle. I've had it 6yrs with no problems and £120 a year for calibrating. Had a tetso before that when FGA's were not mandatory but it didn't do anything like what I can do with the Anton V2. I'm thinking of the Anton Sprint Evo 3 next when this one does eventually give up the ghost. Anyone used or own one yet and there thoughts on it?

• Like Like x 1
  14. gingalig

gingalig GSR

I've got the evo3, it's a nice bit of kit, Bluetooth for the print out just wish I could figure out how to add it to gas engineer software, seems reliable and robust and came with all the accessories temp clamps etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Harvest Fields

I have GES also. Nice bit of software