Discuss Where to get short, 8mm thread copper tails? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dam basin I’m fitting is for a particularly fussy customer. Its a corner, wall hung basin. He does not want to see the pipework, and I’m not putting the flexi tails that came with it connected in the wall like I’ve seen others do.
All I need are a pair of copper tails (readily available) - but the issue is that the length of pipe past the thread, is too long. By the time the pipe size goes to 15mm which I can of course connect to, it would be much lower than the height of the basin, therefore you would see the pipes or flexis. Surely some copper tails, or another fitting, exists that has only a short bit of ‘odd’ pipe (50-70mm) before becoming regular size? I for one, cannot find such a product. Perhaps another fitting to add to my long list of not invented/suitable size fittings..
Yes even with short stubby tails you would see them, but only a little - which is what the customer wants lol

Is the pipe not like 10mm closer up before it expands to 15mm... Can't you just cut it at 10mm and elbow then increase to 15mm through the wall?

Thumbnail pictures of these tails often make the distance from the top thread, to the bit of thin pipe to the 15mm part look quite short. But in reality that bit is pretty long. The pipes if remaining mostly unseen come through the wall about 30mm below the basin, then need to connect up ideally with the service valves still in place.

You think that pipe below the thread is 10mm? I don’t have any to measure off so I don’t know. If so, in business

I have never personally cut one to find out but close too... Worth a go. If all fails them tails are a few quid at the merchants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where to get short, 8mm thread copper tails? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back