Discuss Where can I get a reduced-width boiler to replace Glow Worm Economy Plus ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barry1949

I need to replace an ageing Glow Worm Economy Plus wall-mounted gas boiler (model EP 24B) used solely for heating hot water, with a similar sized one. Problem is that the old unit is 285mm wide and is situated above a toilet. Any replacement would have to be of similar width to avoid collisions with body parts when using said toilet. Having checked online for a replacement it appears that most are wider (average 400mm) or too powerful ( minimum 12kw). Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

The Potterton Promax SL is 280mm deep and there is a 12kW version.
Many thanks for your prompt response. Unfortunately I must have used the incorrect terminology when describing my problem. In fact I need a 'narrow' boiler as you look at it. I thought 'wide' meant left-to-right size as looked at from the front. Most boilers, like the one you mentioned are 390 to 400mm wide. I need one about 300mm. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Many thanks for your prompt response. Unfortunately I must have used the incorrect terminology when describing my problem. In fact I need a 'narrow' boiler as you look at it. I thought 'wide' meant left-to-right size as looked at from the front. Most boilers, like the one you mentioned are 390 to 400mm wide. I need one about 300mm. Any ideas? Thanks again.
the sl range are both narrow and shalow made to fit in a cupboard go to potterton web site for dimensions

Sorry my mistake you did say width but I assumed you meant depth.

The Potterton SL is 390mm wide so no good for this application.

Thanks for your reply. I have been to the website a few times now but the Promax SL is 390mm 'wide' as shown and there doesn't seem to be anything narrower. Depth is an unimportant consideration in my case. I'll keep trying in case others can think of a smaller boiler.

Oops. Our messages swapped in the 'post'. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where can I get a reduced-width boiler to replace Glow Worm Economy Plus ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have what seems to be a unusual problem and hope can get some advice. I have a bathroom up Stairs, and a wet room down stairs with toilet and...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Guys, At the moment our boiler (Glow Worm Spacer Saver RF) seems to be on its way out, there's quite a few weird 'clunking' noises coming...
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
T
I have a Glow-worm 240/246 back-boiler unit regularly serviced and inspected by a gas safe and previously a corgi engineer. The boiler has been...
Replies
Views
gasmarc
G
M
our newcentral heating system is giving out a high pitch noise which is driving our son mad. Using a Glow Worm boiler , when we simply have hot...
Replies
Views
diesel_ltd
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock