Discuss When Customer Says You're Too Expensive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with London is running cost hit the roof. I keep thinking of chasing more work in town but by the time I leave at the crack of dawn pay the extra fuel congestion charge and parking. Then sit in 2 hours of traffic to get home any extra that I could charge is already gone. I find I earn the same money in kent as I would in London

my only work is in London so we will be going buck to my old area Ruislip as I am spending silly money on diesel really

It depends on what the job is.

If you want it - negotiate, if not fob it off.

You can generally tell if a customer is genuine with the figures they have in the first 2 minutes of a phonecall, and you should know whether or not these figures are achievable from your quotation.

We are 50/50 to be honest .... But thinking of going back as I do too much of a long drive each day ! I cover like 200mils a day

I get miffed if I cover 40 miles a day, and the scenery around me is great :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Stan not thought about going other way - Northampton, Banbury Oxford? Or even Leamington spa Stratford and Warwick?

Don't know anyone there pal , I personally will go anywhere where there is enough so I can proved food on the table for my family tbh

What sort of day rate are you chaps in London getting ? Not that I'm after work there, just curious.
I'm in the sleepy South West & like the laid back attitude to work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When Customer Says You're Too Expensive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Recently we had reason to replace our boiler. It was on the blink and you could only con it into coming on by first turning on the hot water and...
Replies
Views
I had a boiler check today all went well, and then he went to check on the gas meter which is in my larder in the kitchen high up on the wall...
Replies
Views
C
Hello there. I wonder whether anyone could suggest what may be the issue with the hot water in my bathroom. I have asked four different plumbers...
Replies
Views
CharlieMcT
C
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock