Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss When a Plumber doesn't reply back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this common where a plumber will come out and then fail to send through a quote for work?

I have called a few plumbers and they have said they would call back to arrange a time but have not and two have come out and failed to get back to me with a quote.

Strange behaviour.
To be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure why your getting negativity from this post, you haven't posted anything that would suggest your an awkward customer, in fact you've barely posted at all, I think some members are winding themselves up :rolleyes:, maybe they've had a stressful week so you'll have to forgive them.
As for your question, its perfectly normal behaviour, especially if your ringing through the day when we're at work, we'll take the call then get back to work and within 10 minutes completely forget that you even exist. It's nothing personal, we're just busy. As for the ones who's came out to quote, it's either again being too busy, they've maybe done your quote but just forgot to send it, or they're working through a backlog of quotes and will get to yours eventually. There could also be something in the job that put them off. Fitting a new boiler in a new location can sometimes be a real pain with re-routing pipes etc, and if a plumber is really busy, he's going to put the easier jobs first, just simply because he can.
It's been said before, but just give the guys another ring back and ask how they're getting on with your quote. If they haven't done it or seem reluctant, just ask if there's anything about the job that's putting them off and then take their advice about how to put it right.

So I am pretty much buggered then. If thats the case why didnt the installers just say that over the phone.

If moving a boiler is that troublesome then I may as well just leave it.
Moving modern boilers is a very problematic exercise. There are a multitude of electro mechanical units that can fail during a drain down move and re fit. The consequences for your fitter if you dont exonerate him from these consequences can run into £100s and even the financial write off of your beloved boiler, then there will be new flue and turret elbow eg.
and new seals.
I hope this explains more
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Playing devils advocate here and having working in customer service / hospitality industry before I don't understand why if you don't want the job for whatever reason why leave the customer waiting just phone them or email them and say sadly due to whatever circumstance I'm unable to complete / do the job ? After all I bet we can all think of times when we have been promised something at sometime and been let down when a simple update would of solved a lot of headache.

Reason I say this is because you forever read about the lack of respect plumbers get or how unreliable plumbers are etc however having read through a lot of posts it would seem to me that this is something plumbers themselves are causing. To boost reputation of the industry surely a little "service" is advisable, I totally understand plumbers are busy and time is money.

I like the add £ on a boiler change ££ on moving a boiler and £££ on a full installation.

If do get it then happy days, If I think they wont pay then i make sure the deposit is enough to cover what the bare costs are to get paid for the whole job if I get paid the rest bonus if not it's going to be worth enough to go through court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When a Plumber doesn't reply back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock