Search the forum,

Discuss What type of electric shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monks

At the moment I have a Mira Event shower (quite old). It has two water inlets, one from the hot water and one from the cold. It seems to be just a pump and mixer to me, without a heater - Is that correct? If I am right, I would like another shower unit the same that uses hot water from the tank without a separate heating element.
When I look at different showers they all seem to be heated via an element and don't use the hot water from the tank. What type of shower unit do I need? Thanks in advance.

At the moment I have a Mira Event shower (quite old). It has two water inlets, one from the hot water and one from the cold. It seems to be just a pump and mixer to me, without a heater - Is that correct? If I am right, I would like another shower unit the same that uses hot water from the tank without a separate heating element.
When I look at different showers they all seem to be heated via an element and don't use the hot water from the tank. What type of shower unit do I need? Thanks in advance.

Just buy a new Mira event, it'll be a straight swap probably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can buy any parts for the Mira Event, - the motor/pump is one unit & is the main part of the shower.
As said, you can buy the new version. Aqua Lisa make a similar, low voltage model, but I would go with Mira personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What type of electric shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock