Discuss What Tap Valve sizes are available in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Looking for a bit of help and advice please in relation to tap valve sizes.

Mixer bath tap valves have been playing up so decided to replace them.
I purchased this from screwfix:-

https://www.screwfix.com/p/swirl-contract-bath-tap-reviver-kit/19163

However when I removed the tap valves I was faced with the following problem.
The hole is to large for a 1/2 tap valve.
The hole is too small for the 3/4 adapter, that comes with the kit, which allows you to fit 1/2 valves.
Previous occupier has fitted some sort of reducer to one of the holes which allows a 1/2 tap valve to be used, however this has created a greater distance between the rubber washer and valve seat which means when you close the tap the internals of the tap unscrew themselves and you can't then open the tap.

There is no manufacturer marks on the tap.

Would I be better off just replacing the whole tap? and do modern taps come with a standard 1/2 or 3/4 valves to save any future issues.

Thanks for any help and advice offered.

I would just replace the whole tap. Also modern baaic taps generally only use 1/2 and 3/4 but alot will only use 1/2 cartridges even on their bath taps.

New taps too much time wasting trying to repair old taps the quality is not in a lot of taps these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Tap Valve sizes are available in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back