Search the forum,

Discuss What sort of price to cap off fireplace? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Wanting to get rid of gas fire place, cap off and cover the hole. Any ideas on rough cost for this? Also how big would be actual hole be that’s left behind? Cheers
F257970C-E565-49A7-A652-CC3DA20F934B.jpeg

How longs a piece of string!

Depends on what's behind it, how you want it blocking off and whereabouts in the country.

Best bet is get a gas safe engineer out to have a good look and give you an estimate.

Reply to What sort of price to cap off fireplace? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
After some advice, had a gas fire removed and now left with the pipe capped and a hole which houses the pipe which was behind the fireplace. How is best to cover this up and fill it please?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and capped gas fire. The old gas line went straight out the back wall and was visibly capped a short distance from the gas meter. A simple pull out job. Upon...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I have some very old gas pipes sticking out of random places. Mostly nest to light pendants. This has made me believe it’s an old gas/heat/lightning...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you’re all doing well. I had a new bathroom installed recently which involved new piping, and also capping off some redundant pipes. Since then, my boiler (pretty new Vaillant combi) turns on when I turn the cold water on. I’ve done some reading and it seems like the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock