Discuss What small van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlumbingBud

Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a van soon as the Fiesta is a bit small for carrying tools.
I was originally thinking of a Transit or Trafic, but, after looking at loads of dodgy, rough ones, I am now thinking more of a smaller van, such as Transit connect, Combo, Kangoo, and the like.

I am just starting off in the industry, so dont want to spend too much at first and need cheap running costs, reliability, practicality, and enough soom to carry full tools plus pipe and fittings. I will sell the Fiesta and use the van as my all round vehicle.

Any experiences with small vans?

Thanks, Bud.

I got the transit connect swb. Well happy with it. 07 plate for 4.5k year ago.
Not to big and not to small.
Good luck with your choice

I'm looking into this also, Berlingo's are all over the place,cheap,good engines and very economical.Connects can be a bit thirsty and can have driveshaft issues.I've decided to wait and pay a bit extra for a Caddy.

Berlingos seem ok but do some research into them first,avoid anything made by vauxhall,trust me been there they are tat

I've got a new shape Berlingo and it feels like it's made of cardboard, but starts every morning and deals with almost everything I throw at it. I had a Transit connect and thought it was great, handled like a car and it was the LWB so it had a decent load space. But would agree that it's thirsty. I have heard good things about the Fiat Doblo. Never driven one though.

I have an old vito cdi, not bad on fuel, never let me down and cheap to insure, what more can a man want. Jon

Old Merc vans rust loads though. They look older than they are. I imagine the newer ones are better though.

I have a new shape peugeot partner, my second one as my previous one was ok. Anyway, I got a knocking noise when it was 2 yrs old on the suspension after several visits to the agent and some modified parts fitted they said it was a shock absorber which was not covered by the warranty (wear and tear), then the clutch started juddering not coverd under warranty (wear and tear) and I had only done 20,000 miles, next all the paint on the wheels kept flaking off they agreed to do the back ones but said that it was stonechips, then I could smell fumes in the cab, they couldnt find anything wrong suggested it might be door seals. It was actually the injector seals into the cylinder head which I found myself. Well you guessed it I wont be buying one of those again PEUGEOT WARRANTY and CUSTOMER SERVICE DISGRACEFUL

my vauxhall combo van 1999 1.7d has been my work horse for many years never had a problem and get 50mpg load space ok for tools cheap on parts

I have Vito too. It has done 130,000 miles and the guy that services it for me says that it is good as new underneath. Drives well, comfy, air con and good radio. A bit expensive to buy but it holds it's price. Insurance very reasonable. Recently had to replace a light cluster and wing mirror - spares from Merc dealer ridiculous. Went to ebay for them, half the price and when they arrived it was clear they came from Merc dealers! Plenty of favourable comments from customers. Had a look at eBay and there are lots sub 100,000 miles for reasonable prices.Had a Vauxhall Combo before, okay but not enough room

I have a Citreon Dispatch (ex meals on wheels wagon).

I find the two side doors handy, Never misses a beat and a decent size.

I have a VW transporter and it is the muts nuts but when I had a service they gave me a caddy and i was very impressed as they can shift and are like driving a car that would be my choice m8 quality that will last and wont cost a fortune to repair

I've got a vauxhall combo. 1.3, bigger payload model. Excellent on fuel and is a good size for me.

What area are in? And whats your budget - someone on here maybe selling.

If your near me and interested ill be selling mine in Feb as I get a company van then.

Try a Kangoo. Mine regularly gets over 50 to the gallon around the doors and nothing has gone wrong or broken in 85000 miles. Will be getting a new timing belt on soon so should be good for another 5 years. Bits for servicing, tyres, brakes and other consumables are very cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What small van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock